Transfer Engineering Chances

I know most people here are probably tired of seeing chances threads, but this is eating me alive

I currently have a 3.6 gpa for my first year at a 4 year university. I am a Computer Science major.

These are the courses I’ve taken:

Problem Solving and Programming: A
Precalculus: A
Essentials Writing & Oral Comm: A-
Intro to Higher Ed: A

Principles of Computer Science I (tested out of this class)

Principles of Computer Science II: B
Honors Written & Oral Comm: A-
Web Programming I: B
Calculus I: B
Dance Appreciation: A-

And then this semester I am taking:

General Astronomy I
Intro to Information Security
Calculus II
Calculus Based Physics I

my spring semester I will be taking:

General Astronomy II
Calculus III
Calculus Based Physics II
Discrete Mathematics
[another class here]

the highest GPA I can realistically get is a 3.7 at this point. I’m kicking myself for having such an awful semester last spring, it tanked my GPA.

I don’t know if VT takes into consideration extracurriculars, but I am an RA, I work part time tier 1 IT, and I’m heavily involved with a professor involved in Astronomy and Astrophotography.

What do you think my chances might be? If I pull out a 4.0 this semester, I can get a 3.7 for my 1st 3 semesters. Does VT take spring transcripts into consideration?

Thanks!

Transfer admissions is based on the courses you’ve taken and the grades you got. I recommend you call the office to make sure you are taking/have taken the right courses. Here is something from the website to help you. http://www.tranguide.registrar.vt.edu/

As the other poster said, you need to make sure your courses are lining up as much as possible with the VT curriculum.