Transfer Fall 2019 Denied

My boyfriend applied as a transfer to A&M way back in March and was asked to send his spring grades before a decision was made. He sent in his final grades may 11 of 2019. His other school took over a month to send his transcript and A&M didn’t receive it till June 7 which was past the June 1st deadline. We had the school email A&M and say he sent it before the deadline. He has a 3.3 gpa, 58 hours of transferable coursework and applied to the college of education. He had most of the coursework completed for the first year and was denied today. I’m wondering if anyone has any insight or thoughts on if this is acceptable? I believe his other school made a mistake and A&M should consider that and he should have been accepted.

Have him ask admissions about an appeal. Find out if he was denied at admissions level or at the college level (Col of Education). Never hurts to ask. Best of luck!

Okay we’re planning on calling tomorrow about an appeal. Do they accept transfers on a first come first serve basis?

@AggieMomhelp

@hunterwyllie Transfers are not accepted on first come, first serve basis. All applicants are judge against each other and the most competitive applicants get the open spots.

@Thelma2 okay thank you! I didn’t know if that’s how it worked or not. We were trying to see if his previous college not sending his transcript for over a month was part of why he wasn’t accepted due to it taking so long

The appeal would be if they didn’t use the transcript because it was received too late. If they used it to make their decision, then timing wasn’t a factor in their decision.