Transfer from ACC to Mays Business School...

Hi,

I am a current student at ACC and am looking at transferring to TAMU for business in Fall 2016. I have 35 hours at ACC, am enrolled in 14 hours and will be taking 16 next semester. I’ve been following the transfer guide, and it says calculus I & II are needed in order to be a competitive candidate. The transfer application is due March 1st and I am currently only in Calculus I. I’ve spoken with several counselors over the phone and they tell me I need Calc I&II in order to be considered and since I won’t have it done, I should just wait until I have both calculus I & II completed…next year (Fall 2017). I was wondering, has anyone had this problem? What did you do? Did you apply anyway? How did that work out?

I really don’t want to wait a whole year in order to get into the degree program I would like, but an external transfer is my only option since I will have almost 70 hours by the end of spring 2016. I considered taking a wintermester Calc II class online in order to meet this requirement, but the only option I have is to take it at a CC in Dallas, meaning I have to go through applying again and hopefully getting into the online calculus II class which only has 25 seats available. I have a lot of hoops to jump through. Is it a good idea to take the wintermester?

My GPA isn’t too hot right now, it’s a 3.34. I took some history classes at ACC when I was in high school back in 2011 and didn’t take them too seriously, so I got a C and a couple of B’s. I have a positive trend in my GPA since I started college again last spring. I know Mays is super competitive :frowning: Could someone give me an idea if I could get in? I’m also a veteran, I’m not sure if that makes a difference in applications or not.

Any advice is appreciated.
LMR