Transfer from CMDA to CS

I applied to Virginia Tech as an international first-year freshman. I was offered admission in my second choice major, CMDA, but not in he first choice which is General Engineering. However, I intend to study Computer Science (College of Engineering) - there is no other major which I would be interested in taking. I was planning to accept the offer, enroll as an undergraduate student seeking a degree in CMDA, and then change my major in the sophomore year.
I am aware that I will need to take additional courses and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2. Would this be a good idea?
I have also applied to the University of Arizona and U of Utah for Computer Science. If I get accepted at any one of those, should I attend them or Va Tech? I have to take a decision by May 1.

Thank You

Remember that taking the required classes and having a GPA of 3.2 or higher does NOT guarantee acceptance in to Engineering/CS. IF there are spaces available in the engineering program requested, it is then based on a competitive review of all applicants. Just keep this risk in mind when deciding what is best for you. If you are set on CS, and get an offer from another school with direct entry in to CS, you should seriously consider accepting offers to avoid the transfer risk IMHO.