Transfer from JC waitlisted fall 2022 CSULB

HI! This is my first time on this site because I just got waitlisted for CSULB. I don’t know much about waitlists, so I was wondering if anyone was waitlisted and then later accepted to CSULB (or also just got waitlisted and we can cry abt it together lol)? Or does anyone know what percentage of students are accepted off the CSULB waitlist. I’m specifically concerned with transfer students from juco who major in psychology (because that’s my situation lol). Any advice or help that anyone has is welcomed and very much appreciated!!
I’m transferring with my associates as a psych major, and I have a 3.7 gpa.

You can try to contact admissions at CSULB and ask what happened last year. They didn’t put that info in their Common Data Set for that year so I don’t know if they’ll tell you.

That said, I don’t think there’s any way, even for the school, to predict what’s going to happen this year. With Covid a bunch of students have decided to postpone college rather than attend remotely so now many of those kids are ready to attend, both xfers and new frosh. Nobody really knows how the bulge in applicants will all work out.

BTW did you attend HS in their local service area? According to their website they were supposed to guarantee admission if you met the gpa and prereqs for your major. See Local Preference Admission Consideration | California State University Long Beach under how it is used for transfers

Best of luck!

1 Like

Psychology is highly impacted at CSULB and if you are a non-local applicant based on the information posted by @mikemac, the acceptance rate for this major is very low.

See attached link to look up your JC and acceptance rate:
https://data.ir.csulb.edu/t/IRA-Public/views/UndergraduateStudents/TransferInstitutionOrigin?%3Aembed=y&%3AshowAppBanner=false&%3AshowShareOptions=true&%3Adisplay_count=no&%3AshowVizHome=no&%3Amobile=true&%3AdeepLinkingDisabled=y

1 Like