Transfer help.

Hello everyone I just recently transferred to TAMU but am in a bit of a dilemma.

I have been working and attending school at a community college here in Houston Tx the last few years. Last year I had applied to TAMU wanting to study visualization. I was accepted, however after talking to the dean in that program I was persuaded to hold off my acceptance for another semester and take a few more math classes at my community college.

I did fairly well last semester and I re-applied to TAMU. I got accepted and just finished my new student conference this week. However I was not accepted into the visualization major. Instead i was put into University Studies because I have “too many credits” according to my advisor.

I talked with my advisor and her advise was to finish my undergrad degree as soon as possible and pursue my masters. This was a shock to me and I’m not exactly sure what to do next. I’m am upset that I wasn’t accepted, but mostly confused as to what to do now. I don’t know if the undergraduate program I would be working through would prepare me for the masters program, and am basically questioning wether or not perusing A&M is even worthwhile now. Not to mention I doubt I have anywhere near the amount of money to finish my undergrad and do my masters…

I was hoping someone in a similar situation could chime in and give some advise.
Really any information would be helpful, as I feel like everything I’ve been working toward the last few years has been for nothing.

Thanks.

Not in your situation, but here’s some advice - determine who is able to grant you an exception (normally the highest ranking person associated with your major/ college ) write them a letter asking for an exception to the rules and state why. Be sure to highlight your background, the advise you followed to be a better visualization major candidate and ask respectfully for an exception. Can’t hurt, give it a try- you have IMO a good reason for asking. Good luck