Transfer Housing help?

<p>I'm going to be transferring as a sophomore next fall. I don't know a lot of people that go to the UW so I want to live in the dorms. I'm looking for a quiet not too rowdy hall. Therefore, I have limited my decisions to the lakeshore dorms and Barnard Hall, since most the southeast campus have extra fees for rooms.</p>

<p>I'm don't like to party, but occasionally will, but I'm also not a nerdy type and pretty socially active. My question is which Lakeshore dorm is the best and social for a transfer student like me?</p>

<p>Also, is living such a far walking distance from your classes going to be hassle especially during the winter?</p>

<p>I would say Liz Waters, one cause it is the closest lakeshore dorm to everything and also has a lot (well not a lot but more than other dorms) of non-freshmen. you have a roommate yet?</p>

<p>Lakeshore is considered far? What? That’s not far from campus, that is campus, and it still ain’t far from main campus buildings.</p>

<p>I would honestly say look into Tripp, and try to be in the transfer house. There’s no freshman in that dorm, but you’re still part of a larger community, and that’s TAS. Plus it’s mostly single rooms, which really doesn’t hinder socialization like some people think it does. Although maybe you want a rooommate.</p>

<p>Lakeshore dorms are definitely still on campus! The surroundings are a great stress reliever. You can put Liz as your first choice, but given its popularity you may not get it so you need to list other dorms also. No big deal to walk from the Lakeshore to all parts of campus, even in winter. You don’t need to walk up Bascom Hill generally, you can go around it to get to classes and your western part of campus dorm. All dorms have their pros and cons, individual preferences vary.</p>

<p>Same boat… I have to wait to submit my Spring grades… I am so nervous there won’t be any housing left, and with that I do not know anyone really that goes to the school. Does anyone have any input about this situation or options that may be available?</p>

<p>Summer Im in the exact same position, but I think it will be alright, I am optimistic that there should be a room SOMEWHERE on campus</p>

<p>If not in Res Halls there will be close to campus options.</p>

<p>Summer, they are wait-listing regular admits, like myself. Don’t count on housing being available when you are finally enrolled.</p>

<p>But who is to say many of those waitlisted students have already enrolled elsewhere, then minimizing the housing list dramatically. Like someone said in a post prior, UW-Madison admissions and housing are two very seperate offices that do not communicate with each other, so while many students may have alerted admissions that they will not attend, maybe many did not alert the housing office.</p>

<p>Res Halls knows some students will not attend and either inform them during the summer or be no shows. Res Halls has already given contracts to some who will be informed of their permanent room assignment as space becomes available or end up in temporary housing when the semester begins until a regular room is available. Those on the waiting list may not be offered a contract.</p>