Transfer Housing

<p>Has anyone here received their housing assignment yet?</p>

<p>I’m transferring to UM this Fall as well. I’ve made a request for on campus housing; however, received an email today strongly encouraging me to pursue off campus housing. Any assistance is appreciated.</p>

<p>There is a new apartment complex right next to campus that quite a few of my daughter’s sorority friends are living at this year. It looks really nice and is very convenient. [Gables</a> Ponce Apartments: Photos, Floorplans, Availability and Pricing. Address: 310 Granello Ave, Miami, FL. Luxury Gables Apartments for Rent.](<a href=“http://gables.com/find/apartment/1941-gables-ponce-miami-fl]Gables”>Gables Ponce | Gables Residential Communities)</p>

<p>Good luck. I’m sure there are other transfer students in the same position, so hopefully you can find a roommate or two.</p>

<p>I’m a transfer student as well, they recently told me that I will be assigned to the Holiday Inn across the street as they find me a dorm. I may have a dorm by the time the semester begins, or I may wait up to a month in the Holiday Inn before they find me a room, according to them.</p>

<p>^Did they email you telling you this? Is this option available to all students who don’t have housing at this time?</p>