Transfer into Mays

My sons application is still in review. If he gets full acceptance, I am assuming it will be his second choice major of Economics. Realistically, what are his chances of transferring into Mays? I think I’ve read they take 100 or so transfer students each year? Does anyone know how many students are usually trying to transfer in?

So my son was in the same boat. Graduate hs 2018. Got in in December but mays full. So he got Econ. He likes it but is really thinking law school or consulting and isn’t enjoying the Econ classes like he hoped. Mays stayed on his mind since he got accepted. So… after meeting the 30 hours at Tamu and completing the required courses, he applied January 2nd. Was accepted January 3rd. Went to a new mays student orientation January 9th. He said there were about 25 students there. So to answer your question… I don’t know how many apply. I know several that have been accepted for change of curriculum (major) and several that haven’t. My son had a Tamu gpa of 3.65 with Tamu 43 credits. An overall gpa of 3.73 with 55 credits. He took 5 of the courses they look at and had a 3.8 on those. The change of major application doesn’t ask for anything but what I just gave you (except they don’t care about overall gpa that includes dual credit).

Not sure that helps but that’s our dealings with it.