Transfer notification..

<p>Anyone know when the U will inform us whether or not we were accepted?</p>

<p>I called a few days ago and they said early April...</p>

<p>I Just Got In Today!!!!!!! Still Can't Believe That Im Gonna Be A Cane!!!!!</p>

<p>If you don't mind me asking what was your g.p.a and school?</p>

<p>CONGRATS doubleg239!!!! Very happy for you. Teriffic program and place. Do you have any financial need? If not, then go there! lol</p>

<p>GPA: 3.52 @ St. John's University in NYC...15 credits and with an 83 average in HS</p>

<p>I do have financial need for sure, hopefully they come through and if not I'll negotiate for more. Regardless, I'm gonna find a way to stomach the bill since I've been wanting to go there ever since Junior year of HS.</p>

<p>I just check my daughter's MY UM and she had the Congratulation your a Cane welcome banner!! I sent her a text message to check when she got out of class (she doesn't know I know her sign in.) Well, the banner is now gone, but there is a link to pay her deposit. I called admissions to see if there was any way to get the welcome banner back up, as my daughter will wonder how she is suppose to know if she is accepted. I was told by admissions that something is wrong with their system as you are not suppose to be able to know you are in until you have receive the acceptance letter. The welcome banner should not be there yet. There is no way to get it back up so my daughter will not be able to see it! We are assuming her letter will show up in a day or two.</p>

<p>I feel so bad that I checked instead of my daughter. I had no right to look, but I have been nervous about this college transfer. I can not let my daughter know I check as she will be mad at me :-( But, she does have all her mail coming home instead of to school, so if the letter shows up today I might not be in the doghouse!! </p>

<p>**Update-no Miami letter in todays mail.</p>

<p>pokey-Congrats! The freshmen all received their packets 2-3 days after the banner showed up, so it should be any day now.</p>

<p>doubleg-Congrats and I hope the finances work out.</p>

<p>OK-so I get to watch the mail like a hawk this week! There is a link on her My UM page that says Pay Enrollment Deposit. She called Miami, but the woman that answered put her on hold and then came back and told my daughter not to do anything until she received an official letter. I am hoping that what I saw wasn't a mistake!!</p>

<p>Acceptance letter arrived today, so all is well. Miami is not her first choice, but it sure is nice to have a choice!!</p>

<p>Does anyone know if Miami offers Merit aid for transfer students? If so, would it be in the acceptance package or arrive later?</p>

<p>I sent in my documents in January, and was notified that everything was in on time. I just got an e-mail yesterday telling me to send in other documents. Hearing that transfer notifications have already gone out, is it even worth my time now?</p>

<p>Yes it is worth your time. I believe Miami accepts transfer students rolling admissions. If your were ask for more documents then I would assume your file is still being considered.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Oh, excellent. I wasn't aware they were on a rolling basis. Thanks.</p>

<p>I GOT IN
woo woo
they still need the documents sent in as soon as possible
but I am a Cane!</p>

<p>is it bad that i didn't get a banner?</p>

<p>*i still havent found out if ive gotten in. ill be finding out in a few days...</p>

<p>i was checking about every other day before i got in and never saw a banner until the day after i got my admission packet. so i wouldn't worry about it.</p>

<p>Sweet, I'm in naperville too. Can't wait to get to Miami (Fall '07).</p>

<p>yay! thanks coldandold.</p>

<p>question....my friend got in but as a "provisional acceptance"...meaning that they said that he needs to "maintain satisfactory grades in his current classes" to get a full acceptance, but they didnt specify what GPA he needs to maintain. anyone have any ideas on it??</p>