Transfer Odds

<p>Hi I just recently applied to transfer to UW. I'm currently a freshman student at Arizona State University. I like it hear but out of state tuition sucks and it's been my life's goal to go to UW-Madison. I didn't get great grades in high school. Only got a 3.3 but I did get a 3.5 my first semester here. I know you do need 24 credits to transfer, I will have them after this second semester. Do I have a legitimate shot or should I look for other options? I'm from Wisconsin by the way.</p>

<p>Should I get a letter of recommendation also. If so how many?</p>

<p>A 3.5 in college is a good GPA; the only problem is that you’ll have only one semester’s worth of those grades to show the admissions committee if you apply now. Did you have good standardized test scores?
I just saw another post where the OP says LORs are optional. Get them if you are pretty sure they will help your case.</p>

<p>I don’t think my test scores will help me out either I only got a 23 on my ACT. Is there anyway they can look at my grades after this semester is over, so I can possibly be accepted by the fall?</p>

<p>You have your college record to replace anything from HS. Sounds like you have a good gpa from a good college. Get the application done and continue to perform well second semester. You have proven you can do college work (unlike your HS record). You need a 3.0 college gpa which you have exceeded by a lot. You can check on UW-La Crosse and UW- Eau Claire options for next year as well. Your UW- Madison chances look good.</p>

<p>Well i hope I get in. It was my childhood dream to go to Madtown.</p>

<p>Another thing. When should I send in all my transcripts? Now or later?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Having two letters of recommendations is a good idea.</p>

<p>Thank you. I put that in consideration. The only problem is finding professors to write me one. There really isn’t one that quite stands out.</p>

<p>Will they have to look at my grades from my second semester or will they just look at my first semester? Will I have to wait until I finish my second semester to hear a decision? I just want to do anything possible to get in. Madison is truly my dream school.</p>