Transfer Question

<p>I've applied as a sophomore transfer for Fall 2009- anyone know if we could hear back before April? It says on myUM my application was sent for review already.... Also, does anyone know where most sophomore transfers live? Whether on campus or off, and if off, what are some popular areas? Thanks!</p>

<p>Heyyyy, I'm transferring and I'll be a sophomore too. I heard in December because I'm lazy and made my current uni sort it all out for me ages ago! But apparently most transfer students don't even bother applying til March?! Hmmm.</p>

<p>I'm pretty sure we can only live in Hecht/Stanford or Mahoney/Pearson etc. Not in the Student Village, which is a shame :(.</p>

<p>I've heard that for on campus, but I also heard transfers are at the bottom of the list for housing. That's why I was wondering where most people lived off campus. If anyone knows, please reply! Thanks!</p>

<p>bumpbump..I have also applied as a transfer for fall 09' I called admissions and the lady looked me up via social security number and told me that the decision had already been made and they will start mailing out letters after March 1. I really hope this is true! I am sick of waiting! Has anyone had experience with this in the past. I am transferring in with a 3.86, I really hope I will be accepted..</p>

<p>wow thats awesome, when did you send in your app? mine was completed sometime in jan/feb so hopefully i'll be hearing back along with you after the first! 3.86 is a really strong GPA, you should be fine! good luck!</p>

<p>I completed mine in december... goodluck to you also, if you don't mind me asking what was your gpa?? maybe we will be seeing eachother in the fall is all goes well for both of us! I applied to communication school btw..</p>

<p>oh yes, and also to answer you question about where to live off campus, i would suggest Valencia South Miami, cloisters at the gables, those two are very close (less than 1 mile) from campus and that is where many sophmores/juniors who live off campus live. I know this because I live with someone who attends UM :)</p>

<p>I had a 3.2, unfortunately not as high, but I go to BU and am a Florida resident so hopefully that will help my chances! Or at least I'm hoping... haha</p>

<p>Here is the link.. <a href="https://www6.miami.edu/housing/pdfs/Miami_Neighborhoods.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://www6.miami.edu/housing/pdfs/Miami_Neighborhoods.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>that's funny, i am from boston :) BU is a great school, I hope you will get in!</p>

<p>what a small world :) thanks, you too!</p>

<p>anyone else with any thoughts on our changes of getting in??</p>

<p>Hey IBcollege, I just found out I got accepted on Tuesday :) Have you found out yet? I hope you got in also!!</p>

<p>Yes I got in! Congratulations to you as well!</p>

<p>so will you be attending? or did you have other schools u were thinking about going to? We find out about our financial aid packages soon, I really hope I got a fair amount! UM is expensive...</p>