Transfer Questions

<p>I am trying to help a transfer student for next semester, so looking for our experts here- M2ck, Seatide, etc.
Thanks for the housing info. There is on-campus housing available for spring and she has filled out the application and paid the deposit.</p>

<p>Questions- is there a transfer admissions person? Would the regional rep be a resource? She has the stats for the Honors College, but I think she has to wait a semester to apply as she is not a Freshman. So, that is a resource she can’t utilize. Her mybama is messed up, says she’s not admitted, still shows housing deposit due, etc. She’s trying to get through finals and spending a lot of time on the phone & not getting anywhere, she’s a little stressed. Her parents can make some calls but I’d like to point them in the right direction.
And Bamabound is offered one day only- Tues Jan8, the day before classes and she can’t change travel plans as its impossible to get to T-town with the game on Mon nite.
Any ideas?</p>

<p>This link lists the transfer student contact as Nichole Evans.</p>

<p>[Find</a> Your Counselor - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/]Find”>Find My Recruiter)</p>

<p>What do you mean by, “And Bamabound is offered one day only- Tues Jan8, the day before classes and she can’t change travel plans as its impossible to get to T-town with the game on Mon nite.”</p>

<p>What specifically about the game is making it impossible to get to Tuscaloosa on Monday?</p>

<p>Thanks, I didn’t see that transfer link when I looked at that page on my iPad. Really should wear glasses.</p>

<p>Learned something else. Transfers with a gpa above a 3.3 can apply upon admittance. See the below, so she is doing that. I think that will help a lot.</p>

<p>Entering freshmen with ACT scores of at least 28 or SAT scores of at least 1250 (verbal and quantitative) and at least a 3.30 high school GPA are invited to apply to the Honors College. Upon receipt of their applications, all National Merit Finalists and National Achievement Finalists are admitted automatically. Students not admitted as entering freshmen are invited to apply after they have earned an overall grade point average of at least 3.30 at The University of Alabama. All students who apply with greater than 60 hours are required to draft a plan to finish all honors coursework prior to admission. Transfer students with at least a 3.30 overall GPA in their transferred coursework are also invited to apply.</p>

<p>I’m transfering next semester as well. To help with the Orientation issue… I spoke to a lady at the housing office and she told me that transfer students will be able to move in before the orientation date. She also said once your assigned a dorm contact the front office there and find out the earliest date they’ll be staffed and ready to move you in. </p>

<p>Being from Chicago & not knowing a soul at Bama I plan on moving in as early as possible.</p>