Transfer Rejection but not giving up

<p>About 2-3 weeks ago I got a rejection letter from Virginia Tech. It said that they were unable to accept me for their school of science mainly because of my weak grade (B-) in Math. I know that I have to increase my Math score but what else do you think I can do better on? I'm applying again in the Fall for the Spring 2010 term so any advice would be appreciated. </p>

<p>Here are my Stats so far</p>

<p>High School GPA- 3.74</p>

<p>SAT's
Writing 600
Critical Reading 580
Math 530</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities and Community Service
Youth Corps
Robotics Club
Honor Roll</p>

<p>Internships and jobs
Glenside Dental worked as a secretary during the summers
Bostwick Laboratories (Internship) currently working as a Lab assistant</p>

<p>Freshman at GMU (Majoring in Biology)</p>

<p>First Semester Workload (13 credit hours)
Math 110 B-
Biology 103 B+
Chemistry 212 B-
Medical Technology 200 B
University 100 A-</p>

<p>Unweighted GPA 3.01</p>

<p>Second Semester workload (Note: Not quite finished yet)(14 Credit Hours)</p>

<p>Statistics 250
Biology 104
Chemistry 212
Communications 100 B+</p>

<p>To be honest, I don't think that they came to the conclusion to decline you mainly bc of your B- in math, but also bc of the B in Bio, Chem, and Med Tech., ending up with only a 3.01 from 13 credit hours your freshman semester. And now, you are getting a B in an intro speech course?
I would suggest taking a more rigorous course schedule and aiming for better grades. It actually looks as though you have done worse so far in college since HS. Also, I would save the money from applying again this next semester and really try to bring up your GPA, and re-apply again for junior standing (when you may have a shot).
Just my .02.
Good luck either way.</p>

<p>Im a little surprised...I have a friend who is an idiot that goes to Radford and got accepted as a transfer. Owell...if you really want to go to VT that bad I guess all that you can do is to work as hard as you can and hope for the best.</p>