transfer scholarship questions!

<p>okay so i found out that i was accepted for transfer in fall of 2012 as a sophomore but i'm still waiting to hear about scholarship information. i was wondering how long after any of you transfers (or incoming freshman!) heard your admissions decision did it take for you to find out about scholarship? did you find out by mail or by checking MyUm? also, and this may be a really stupid question, but the only scholarship i qualify for is the dean's scholarship, which you need a 3.75 to maintain. i've been able to maintain it taking gen eds at my current school, but i'm worried about maintaining a 3.75 cumulative. do i have to maintain that all throughout my last quarter at my current school as well as all my time at UM? if my GPA drops below a 3.75 cumulative, will i lose that scholarship (assuming i even get it in the first place)?</p>

<p>sorry i know this is kind of rambling and what not, but thanks for the help and i can't wait to be a cane with all of you ! :)</p>

<p>Congrats on your acceptance, I’ll be starting in the fall as a transfer as well. Acceptances began being sent out on 3/1, and scholarships were just awarded about two weeks ago. So as far as your chances of getting any merit scholarships, I’m afraid they’re not too good. Unless some recipients chose not to enroll and their scholarship was thrown back into the pool, or you have incredible stats, all merit awards have already been distributed. However, there are a handful of grants that you could be given so make sure all your necessary documents are submitted to the school for your financial aid package. Best of luck!</p>

<p>Here is the link with all of the dates:</p>

<p>[International</a> Student Deadlines | Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami](<a href=“Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami”>Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami)</p>

<p>From what it says, it seems like decisions and scholarship awards are sent at the same time for international transfer students. I could be wrong.</p>

<p>Cong! I am still waiting for their decision. Do they give out the acceptance letters before rejection ones? If yes then I am most likely to be denied. Sigh</p>

<p>thank you all :slight_smile: im not sure about the letters-im sure they do it on the basis of when they received them, don’t give up yet!</p>

<p>also im wondering if i still have a shot because i sent my materials in later than everyone else. my school is on quarters, so i had to wait until my 2nd quarter grades came out. i didn’t get them until about 2 months after most people’s first semester ended.</p>

<p>glad this post existed</p>