Transfer Scholarship

<p>I know that the transfer scholarships have already been awarded. Sadly I didn't get one. However, I'm trying to appeal that decision based on recent awards that I have received over the past few months leading up to their decision date. I'm an active PTK member that won First Team in the All-Florida Academic Team, competed against All-USA Academic Teams and won the Coca-Cola All-USA Bronze Scholar Award. My name was posted along with the other winners in the USA Today.</p>

<p>I've written an email to an assistant director of admissions per her request after meeting her at a transfer fair. However she hasn't gotten back to me. She told me when I met her that she would try bringing it to the scholarship committe, but has anyone heard of people getting a scholarship after they were passed over?</p>

<p>I really need the scholarship to avoid $30K/year in loans at UM. Other universities around the country practically throw money at First Team memebers and Bronze Scholars. My thought is that some of the people they gave the transfer scholarship to will not pay their deposit in May, and so they should then give it to me...</p>

<p>Any thoughts or similar experiences?</p>