Transfer Student Dorm Question

<p>My son was just assigned to Gardens 2 Dorms on campus. Does anyone know anything about this place - quiet, quality of life, etc?</p>

<p>Howdy! :slight_smile: I was just assigned to the Gardens 2 and I actually visited the place as well. It’s very pretty, basic “dorm-style” apartment living, fully furnished. It’s about a 5 to 15 minute walk to campus, depending on where someone wants to go. There’s buses that can take your son straight to campus. There is security patrolling the area so it seems to be safe. There seems to be a moderate amount of quietness but it ultimately depends on who a college student lives with. Your son can check his housing assignment on TAMU and see who his roommate(s) is/are, as well as what building he’s in (ex: M, Q, P). Based on that, he decide on the quality of his awaiting experience. A good time at A&M is what you make of it. I hope I helped!</p>

<p>I lived there last year!</p>

<p>Its pretty much brand new, not too shabby. Game days and weekends it can get noisy, but thats universal. The Gig’Em bus route (4 east) comes every 20 minutes, and it does tend to get late if traffic on University is bad, sometimes its faster to walk, and I have narrowly made it to an exam once before because of the bus. Having a living room is nice, and the kitchen is a huge plus. There are 2 roommates a room, and if you want to pay the 1.5 times rate, you may have your own room. I recommend looking at the floorplans and planning your move in around them.</p>

<p>Last year, there were many former Northside residents living in Gardens 2, simply because some of the old dorms have been cleared to make way for new dorms. Northsiders are usually the louder of the bunch, but it may have evened out this upcoming year</p>

<p>Thanks yes very helpful information! Sounds really nice, enjoy your time there.</p>

<p>@btn1229</p>

<p>Thanks for the response - very helpful information. Glad to hear you enjoyed it and hope I think my son will be happy there as well! Gig em!</p>