transfer student for 2014 fall

<p>I was trying to pull up the transfer page for Texas A&M, but it seems the website is not online or something. I know schools like UT have their application deadline for March 1, 2014 for transfer to fall 2014.</p>

<p>My situation is that my GPA is 3.69 right now, but I would like to let this semester finish because I anticipate being at a 3.7-3.8 GPA range at the end of this semester.</p>

<p>I know how Texas A&M sorta accepts people on a first come, first serve basis. I was wondering if it would be good to apply for transfer for fall 2014 semester now or wait until the end of the semester, which is December 13ish so that I have a better GPA when applying.</p>

<p>Also I was thinking to make my major Mechanical engineering and my second major computer science. I had a friend that got accepted to UT, but he got accepted as computer science and easily transferred to his desired major as Electrical engineering when at the school. I am also transferring from Lone Star Cy-Fair. </p>

<p>Also, I was wondering if it's bad to pick up a few classes at HCC and Lone Star at the same time, like physics 2 at HCC and some other classes at Lone Star, but I don't know if that would be fine or not.</p>

<p>Thanks for anything.</p>

<p>The transfer application process for Fall 2014 does NOT open till Jan 1st. I will be applying as well (liberal arts/history major) & I have to wait as well. I even thought I’d pull it up on applyTexas to start it, but no dice. I have a 3.85 GPA at the moment & hope to raise it back up to 3.9+.
I have a friend who transferred from Lone Star into computer science engineering with a 3.7. He had like 7 A’s & 1 B. He loves it at TAMU.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info, I feel so relieved. If I transfer into computer science, I can easily get to transfer to my desired major I hope. Is this computer engineering or computer science by the way?</p>

<p>Also, I was wondering. Does Texas A&M change its essay topics for the application process? Because I would like to have everything ready when that date comes. I know how fast those engineering spots get filled up.</p>

<p>Bumping thread.</p>

<p>Just wondering should I apply when the application starts in January 1? This is during winter break and I don’t want to bother my professors that I want a recommendation from during their winter break. School stars Jan 13 , which is about 2 weeks after. I don’t think it will be a problem applying then, will it? I just remember something about A&M having a different application process and its best to apply on the first day to secure your spot in engineering.</p>

<p>A&M is making it very difficult to change majors to transfers. All of my grants and scholarships require me to stay in the major I picked. But yes apply ASAP. They reconsider fall transfers after spring grades are received. I know 2 people who got in that way.</p>

<p>I got in within 5 days of the college getting my application so it was a lot less stressful then having to wait until November.</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I just applied to Texas A&M for transfer into the petroleum engineering program.
I know Texas A&M does rolling admissions and they say they compare the pool of people…But are you at a disadvantage if you apply later than someone who applies earlier despite comparing stats? Is that true…?</p>

<p>Anyway, here are my stats:
Currently at University of Houston Main Campus- chemical engineering undergraduate program
sophomore, 3.6 GPA
a lot programs, leadership positions, and 63 course hours, essays are pretty good</p>

<p>If someone could reply that would be great. How many have gotten acceptances to their petroleum enginering program for transfer fall 2014?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>3.8-3.9 is generally the cutoff for transfers trying to get into petroleum engineering</p>

<p>I know a guy with a 3.9 that got rejected from petroleum. Must be hard to get in.</p>

<p>I applied for fall 2014 civil engineering with GPA 3.87/50+hours(all basic classes on the track, expect University Physics 1/2, tech writing, and Calc 3, which I am taking currently) from HCC, and now TAMU put me on wait list that they have to see my spring transcript. We will see what gonna happen once I submit my spring transcript before June 1st</p>