Transfer student

<p>I am a prospective transfer student (hence the name) and I am a little concerned about leaving my current school. I like the school I am at, but it is a commuter school, and I realized that I rather be away from home. I am considering SUNYs because of the price tag, and right now Geneseo is top of the list. I visited and I liked it, but the distance is kind of overwhelming. It was a 6 hour car ride, which my family and I made there and back with a total of 12+ hours on the road. I really did like Geneseo and am really considering it, so I was wondering how other transfer students seem to like it there.</p>

<p>I am a new student at Geneseo, transferred in for this spring semester. I also transferred out of a school that was largely commuter students, and for me the trip to Geneseo is usually about 7 hours.
Distance can seem overwhelming but whether you are 2 hours away or 10, eventually when you settle in, you wont want to go home much.</p>

<p>So far, as a transfer student, I have loved it here. I found the orientation to be helpful, the resources on campus are endless, and there is a fairly large transfer community here so you would not feel like you were the only one. </p>

<p>You mentioned you liked the school you were at, that is great and maybe you can make it work somehow. I on the other hand did not like the school I attended and shared your feelings of wanting to get away. Geneseo has been wonderful to me so far and even though I have only been here for a short period of time, I highly recommend giving strong consideration to attending.</p>

<p>Thank you so much! I am glad you like it there! Yeah, I was pretty nervous about the distance and not making any friends but it is good to know that there are a lot of others who have transferred there. I plan on visiting another day to sit-in on a class and get more of a feel for the campus. </p>

<p>After you received your response (and if you are accepted) how much time do you have to decide whether you are officially transferring? Thank you again!</p>

<p>The amount of time you have to respond depends on how early you apply. They give out decisions as they get applications (in the spring at least). I applied fairly early and had to put my deposit down by decemeber 1st, I had well over a month to respond.
Visiting is a good idea. See the campus in action during the week, it really comes alive during the day and is a fun place to be. Best of Luck!</p>