Transfer Student

Hey y’all ! I wanted some suggestions or advice on what to do. I’m currently enrolled at lone star college and will finish my associates in the spring of next year. I know that there is a transfer course sheet for transfer students but I wanted to know if it’s mandatory. I have to complete pre cal , calculus and calculus 2. Can I just transfer over to A&M and take the classes there ? And then enroll in to the science bachelors program or just take the classes here at lone star? Does it matter ? I’m really nervous about not getting accepted. I had a really rough semester in 2016 and for terrible grades and then I took a break and came back but now I’m doing good but I have a 2.8 gpa

Hey @michelle1115 What major? That will determine what required and or recommended classes you must have completed BEFORE you apply. If they are in progress, then they may defer you til grades come out.

Transfer Course Sheets for specific majors are important for applicants wishing to transfer. That’s is why they have them and each course sheet lists the exact specific criteria/requirements that are mandatory to be eligible for transfer into that major. There are not exceptions or get arounds.

Look up the transfer course sheet for your intended major. Http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors

There are minimums you must meet to even be considered. If you don’t meet the minimums with required courses, your application will go into the garbage without a second glance. If some requirements are in progress when you apply, they will ask for spring grades before you receive an admission decision.

An additional semester, if necessary to fulfill the requirements, may help bring up your GPA and make you more competitive. Do note though, on the Transfer Course Sheet, that some majors have a cap on the number of hours allowed for transferring in. Keep that in mind if you need to take additional hours to become eligible to apply.

A competitive applicant will exceed the minimum requirements. Transferring is a competitive process against other applicants for each specific major.

No, you cannot be accepted as a transfer student and then finish the required courses at A&M and then get into your desired major.

Transfers are admitted by the specific major to which you apply.