Transfer students-Anyone heard yet?

<p>Just noticed that after I called them the bacterial meningitis requirement (required if admitted) was processed the day I called them. Don’t know exactly what that means…</p>

<p>It doesn’t mean anything. I called about my transcript from Dual Credit courses back in high school. It still hasn’t been processed. They received it exactly three weeks ago.</p>

<p>Good to hear that I’m not the only one still waiting. I’m an out of state transfer, which I’ve heard is even more difficult. I also applied to Mays, which I hear is one of the most competitive programs to get into. As of March 7 AIS showed that all of my documents had been processed, so I was hoping it wouldn’t be too long after that for an admissions decision. Having to move from out of state I was hoping to hear sooner rather than later!</p>

<p>Good luck to all of you that are still waiting!</p>

<p>does anyone know the average gpa of transfers admitted into the engineering school??</p>

<p>I am now on Step 3. Fun fact for everyone reading this.</p>

<p>Well at least you know the college will see your application now. Good luck and please keep us posted.</p>

<p>Didn’t make it. In-state transfer. 3.87 GPA, 71 hours, currently in Calc 2.</p>

<p>Your application for admission to Texas A&M University has been received and reviewed thoroughly by those most concerned with your admission. After carefully considering your application file, we regret to inform you that we cannot offer you admission at this time.</p>

<p>We will reconsider your application for fall admission if the following conditions are met:
We receive an official transcript with your current semester’s spring grades in the Office of Admissions by June 1, 2012 and
Space is still available in your desired degree program for the Fall 2012 semester</p>

<p>Ahh I’m sorry to hear that, once they reconsider maybe they’ll change their mind with completion of Calc 2. May I ask when your application was sent to your college of choice, I’m assuming Mays?</p>

<p>Yep, Mays. Everything was in and acknowledged by February 18th. Calc 2 final is tomorrow, and I’ll overnight everything on whichever day the grade hits next week. Had to send that grade onto McCombs as well anyway. I’ve gotten a yes from everywhere else I applied both in-state and out except for those two.</p>

<p>Best of luck to everyone else!</p>

<p>I was rejected to Mays with almost the exact stats, sadly I guarantee you they will be out of room. It’s what happened to me two years ago. You had three things against you really; you didn’t have the second math or the business law, you have too may hours and probably applied for fall and not summer, lastly you didn’t come from Blinn. </p>

<p>I hate to wait another year and apply again. If you have any questions about anything, don’t hesitate. I might have some other insight or advice that helps. GL!</p>

<p>Got the audit report and several of the classes that were taken out of state were transferred incorrectly. Apparently Accounting 1 is difficult for a person to transfer as Accounting 1 (sarcasm :P) which, combined with some other classes, reduced track E credits by 9 hours. I’ve gathered all the requested information and am contesting. And yeah, applied for fall since I’m getting surgery in a week and it’ll take about 6 weeks before I get full use of my writing hand back so summer school was right out.</p>

<p>One of my friends has a recent MBA from Mays and he said these kind of errors are par for the course there and not to get discouraged yet so I’m jumping through the hoops.</p>

<p>I just spoke with an admissions counselor, because I made a mistake on my application(accidentally put non degree seeking, yea i’m an idiot), and was told they couldn’t put me in with degree seeking deferrals at Mays (even though my application hasn’t even been reviewed once). The reason behind that is… Mays doesn’t do referrals, nor do they review final transcripts for people that weren’t full admits. So Goodluck, hopefully you’ll have a better luck than I did. </p>

<p>She also told me Mays has filled all their spots, but that wasn’t too believable.</p>

<p>Honestly, she was probably telling the truth about all of that. The admissions counselors can seem rude and off-putting about Mays because they know the odds.</p>

<p>anyone here waiting for decision AFTER turning in spring grades? i sent it my transcript last week and called them up yesterday. they said i can expect a decision any time between then and july.</p>

<p>my spring grades were sent in on friday. it doesn’t show that they’ve received them yet though</p>

<p>Im still waiting after sending my spring grades as well. I’m on step 3 and they changed my major from business administration to general studies. Idk if that is a good thing or not</p>

<p>My Spring transcripts were received by A&M on 5/16, still waiting for them to be processed. I realize that Business is already full, at this point, hoping to get into General Studies, anyone get in already? if so, what are your stats?</p>

<p>yeah my app status is back to step 3 now. waiting game starts now. i’ve applied to petro engr and industrial engr. i’m sure petr is full so i’m just hoping to get in industrial and do an internal transfer later on. good luck guys, and keep us all posted if any of y’all hear from them.</p>

<p>I have a 3.6 at Blinn and a 4.0 at A&M with 36 hours overall. Micro Economics and Business Law are the only courses I have not taken from the business degree track. At this point I just want to get into general studies, considering Mays is no longer taking anymore applicants. I am Blinn Team btw, that’s why I have two GPA’s</p>

<p>I am Blinn Team also, still waiting for them to process my transcript they received on 5/16. I only lack Acct 2302, Econ 2302 and Bus Mgmt. I have a 3.7 cumulative with 34 Credit hours. Hoping to get in General Studies as well.</p>