Transfer Students FALL 2013

<p>I got accepted today :D</p>

<p>I was also accepted yesterday :slight_smile: but I’m also wondering about financial aid and when we find out. I hope its before May</p>

<p>Yay! Congrats you guys! I hope financial aid info comes in soon before I pay my deposit.</p>

<p>So I called the financial aid office and he told me it was april 1 for admitted freshman, and said it would be a little longer for transfers depending on when you got accepted since the deadline was later</p>

<p>Hi Mellyjelly, I received your inbox message but it won’t let me reply for some odd reason, I have a few questions. I didn’t know you had to go to miami to get a credit evaluation before paying deposit or anything. If you have a fb message me it so we can talk through there.</p>

<p>I’ve been told that you have to pay the deposit first and then meet up with your transfer advisor in May. I’ll message it :)</p>

<p>@john2246- So does the financial aid package come in by mail? Let me know when yours come in!!! I hope it comes in soon so I can figure out which college to go to (Auburn or GA State <—last on my list)). </p>

<p>I’m thinking about applying for NOVA as well just because it’s close to the beach and I want to get out of Georgia. Lol Have anyone heard anything good about it for business majors or in general?</p>

<p>Just called and they said the packages should be sent out by the 15th!</p>

<p>@mellyjelly: I would NOT recommend NOVA. I live right by it and I have friends who go there and it’s over-priced for no reason. Also, the campus isn’t very impressive. And, UM is close to the beach, as well.
@nikkiaberg: You didn’t receive a credit evaluation in your acceptance packet?</p>

<p>Anyone else anxious about this financial aid? its killing me lol!</p>

<p>I’m definitely anxious as well! I check everyday.</p>

<p>Do you know when its suppose to release?</p>

<p>yeah its insane i want to see if i can even afford to attend or if i should put my deposit down at a state school ugh</p>

<p>I think someone here said that around the 15th, financial aid should be released.</p>

<p>I just got president’s scholarship for $10 000</p>

<p>At the Accepted Student Open House, they said it should come out around April 12th?</p>

<p>I got my financial aid award letter today. I was notified by e-mail. I also got the president’s scholarship for $10,000 as well. </p>

<p>Does anybody here know what the annual cost is to attend UM?</p>

<p>how much did u get in total? I got just 25400. did anybody get more because my fc was 0 and I had 3.92 gpa. I don’t really know what to do now. can they still get u more if u appeal it somehow?</p>

<p>I got $25,600 total, my efc was also 0.</p>

<p>total is 61k to attend is there anyway to appeal for more aid</p>