Transfer Students Fall 2020

Hey I’m planning on transferring into Davidson this fall if I get accepted as a transfer student. Just wanted to start a discussion to see if anyone else was in the same boat.

Hey! I am also applying as a transfer student to Davidson.

@allyemarko Why are you leaving Emory?

Does anyone know when decissions will be released? Thanks.

They said next Friday, April 24

Has anyone been called yet?

Just got a text. Decisions release tomorrow at 10am.

Denied.

Chemistry

3.92 GPA
1510 SAT
Research Intern at school, Honors student, NASA mentor ship program with invention in NASA database, PTK Officer, head of Senate in Student Government, math club (with some competition wins)

@PixelyPirate where have you been accepted to?

Chapel Hill & State. Currently waiting for Duke, Georgetown, & UPenn.

I’m going to UNC Chapel Hill.

Was anyone else waitlisted?

@ui1234 No.

Did anyone make it in? I wasn’t necessarily confident in admission, but I thought I had a shot. Would love to hear some stats from accepted students.

@PixelyPirate I was accepted, and I’m still in shock. I applied as a 2nd year transfer. My college GPA is 3.86, and I applied for a humanities major. My HS stats were mediocre, especially my test scores. I think my Why Davidson essay is what got me in. I am still waiting for my aid package, so I don’t know if I will attend yet. I wish you good luck with the rest of your schools, and congratulations on UNC and State!

Congrats! I’m very happy for you : )

Davidson is a great school, and they don’t permit their students to take out loans, so I hope your aid package is great!

@ui1234 I unfortunately had to turn down my acceptance. However, I love Davidson and I hope they give my spot away to you!