Transfer Students for SUMMER/FALL 2014

<p>Hey guys! I got accepted last night and I thought I would post my stats.
Applied 1/15
Major: Economics
GPA: 3.76
Hours: 56 (41 if you exclude AP Credit)
I have four tabs on Howdy and I moved to step 5 last night.
I wish everyone the best of luck! </p>

<p>S2 got into Computer Engineering (technically a change of curriculum and not a transfer because he was at TAMUG). Yay! Now to find housing.</p>

<p>I was chosen to send in spring grades, I applied for Agribusiness, has anyone got note that they have to send in spring grades as well to make their decision?</p>

<p>@myrangel my daughter received the same letter a week ago. </p>

<p>@myrangel my daughter just didn’t have enough transfer hours. She has 16 graded transfer hours with 31 transferable hours. She is currently taking 19 hours at her college. And has a 3.93 GPA. Admissions told us she needs 24 graded hours and sees no problem with June acceptance if GPA remains good. She applied to the College of Liberal Arts physcology major. </p>

<p>I moved to step five today and registered for my nsc
Major aerospace engineering </p>

<p>I also was accepted into Aerospace Engineering today. Never got 4 tabs on howdy. GPA was 3.5 with 64 hours, good luck to everyone else</p>

<p>I was accepted today into Mays Business School!
GPA was a 3.94 with 46 hours. Best of luck to everyone else.</p>

<p>@Cmsparent I am sure she will get in as well! Very good GPA so far :slight_smile: I have 27 hrs completed with a 3.89 GPA but I am required to take another math class, so i think that is why they want my spring grades. I wish your daughter the best of luck! </p>

<p>i am looking to transfer into the nutritional sciences program. i have a 4.0 and 49 transferrable hours and still haven’t heard anything for over 3 weeks. should i be worried/ when should i hear something?</p>

<p>@laxgrl as long as you have 24 graded transfer hours and the hours go towards you major. You should be good. Jon on Texas Ags forum can help you find out something if you are tired of the wait. He helped us. </p>

<p>Hi everyone! I recently applied to Texas A&M Mays Business school with a 3.65 GPA on 66 total credit hours. I am going for Finance. I have ALL of the required classes for transferring straight in. I had strong essays and good extracurriculars as well. I know that is a relatively lower GPA for getting into Mays though so I was wondering if anyone knows my chance or if anyone has relatively the same situation as me. Thank you!!</p>

<p>I’m a transfer trying to apply to TAMU for the Fall 2014 semester. My question is, I do not have the math courses (business maths I think?) yet, so should I apply to A&M at all? I’m trying to do Human Resources management.</p>

<p>Is it required, or is it like UT where students who have completed the credit get priority consideration? The highest math I’ve taken is pre cal.</p>

<p>My gpa is 3.75 if that matters. If this is a requirement, what major is there that doesn’t require the math credits? I will apply to that and then transfer internally to HR once I’m in.</p>

<p>@lovechickfila i know sociology does not have this requirement. I am in the same boat,I applied as a psychology major with sociology as my second choice. It wasn’t until after i applied that i realized the requirements for business math. I went on a visit to TAMU and actually spoke with a transfer admissions counselor and she told me that you won’t be considered for the major at all if you do not have the credit, however you can apply to another major and after you take the course(say you take it your first semester at TAMU), you can transfer into the major of your choice. she explained to me that it really isn’t difficult to internally transfer majors one you’re admitted to texas a&M</p>

<p>I just received 4 tabs this morning, does this mean I have been accepted, or is it different for transfers?</p>

<p>@rara14 that means you have been accepted! Whatever your major is under your manage applications tab is what you got in! AIS is normally delayed a few days</p>

<p>so my1st major was changed to my second so they are both the same know . i still on step 3 , what does that mean, i didnt get in the first one ?</p>

<p>I sent my college transcripts 4+weeks ago and they have still not been processed!! Will this put me at a disadvantage for petroleum engineering admission as a OOS transfer student. Should I request new transcripts and send them over there before the deadline??</p>

<p>Is high school transcript and meningitis information required to complete the application? Or can I send them in after the deadline?</p>

<p>And if I mail them in, and they arrive after the deadline…will I be considered late? </p>

<p>@uttx1994 the same thing happend to me, they were not able to accept you and is going to your second choice for review </p>