Transfer students

<p>hey, I am a transfer student. I am from out of state. I am coming from a community college. I was down south at coastal carolina university but I came home I did not like it. I will go next year to community college. I will have 60 credits prob around a 2.75 to 3.0 gpa. Is it easy to get accepted to Alabama as a transfer student? Also, I am afraid of the social aspect too. Is it easy to meet new people there. I am coming from about 12 hours away. I will have to get an apartment but, I will work for the football team or something. Any replys would be awesome. Thanks</p>

<p>Have you already applied as a transfer student for this fall? Or is this for fall 2012. You should be accepted.</p>

<p>what is your major?</p>

<p>Bama is a very friendly school, you should have no problem meeting people as long as you’re open to meeting people. :)</p>

<p>I will be applying for the fall semester of 2012. I want to get all my general education credits out of the way. Its cheaper, but do you think if I end up with 60 credits and a gpa around a 2.75 to 3.0 I should have a high chance to get accepted? Did you go to alabama? My major is Psychology. I only need to send in my college transcripts to Alabama when applying I think? But, I know I am just nervous I won’t know anyone there.</p>

<p>I doubt you’ll have any trouble adjusting. I’m not there yet, but I’ve been to the campus a handful of times and felt right at home. There’s 31,000 people, and all of them are friendly as can be. Finding friends won’t be a problem.</p>

<p>But, do you think I have a high chance to be accepted with going to community college for two years and earning 60 credits and having a 2.75 gpa between a 3.0? I know the requirements show 24 credits and 2.0 gpa.</p>

<p>I think you’ll be fine… If you’re that worried, then just do your best over the next semester and have the best grades you can.</p>

<p>I would think so. I’m not particularly familiar with Alabama’s admissions standards, though. It might be a good idea to call and speak with an admissions counselor.</p>

<p>i think you will be fine regarding being accepted.</p>

<p>i think you will be able to make friends fairly easily. many of the CC kids went to alabama without knowing a single soul when they first stepped on campus.</p>