Transfer Students

<p>I was wondering if there were any transfer students that have applied to Purdue and have received their decisions already. If so, please post your stats and whether or not you got accepted! Thanks!</p>

<p>i plan to apply soon, but they said it should be 6-8 weeks for you to hear back about their answers</p>

<p>i am going to apply as a transfer in the next week or so.</p>

<p>got my acceptance letter today</p>

<p>i am going to apply as a safety in the next week or so.</p>

<p>what were your stats jl_visionz?</p>

<p>you've got mail</p>

<p>Just informing you guys.</p>

<p>Most likely, Purdue will NOT accept your math credit transfer. </p>

<p>My Calculus I course from NYU was NOT accepted at Purdue. </p>

<p>Purdue made its credit transfer policy more strict recently. So science, engineering, and math credits are very tough to be transferred to Purdue. Yea, this will hurt you a lot. You will have to make it up by either taking a lot of classes with consent from your advisor or by attending summer schools.</p>

<p>Also, Purdue will very soon change its policies regarding internal transfer. A lot of Purdue students have internally transferred to different schools within the university. They do it so that they could be majoring less burdensome majors...and hopefully graduate faster by transfering credits from competitive schools to the less competitive ones.</p>

<p>You need to talk to the Credit Evaluation Center in advance if you would like your credits to be transfered. </p>

<p>Good luck guys.</p>

<p>Purdue is less competitive school in terms of its applicant acceptance rate. But it's a cut-throat school. They have thousands of students, and a lot of local community college students dream of attending there, so they have no real reservation whether to kick you out or not. Do well there. The university is a public school, but it is a challenging school. And you have to be really really diligent in the winter...the winter might put you into a long long winter sleep...don't be fooled in thinking that your alarm will help you...some of you might be stuck with roommates who turn off your alarms like I was....so be diligent especially in the winter...the winter is severe...and cold...and plus the buldings are spread out.</p>

<p>good luck</p>

<p>thanks for the response jl. jslee, the only thing extra they want from me is a mid-term report for calculus since i am in the class now. i will have to call them this week regarding the matter. i had to get a po box today because i am moving in a month and the fowarding crap takes forever. i dont want my decision to be withdrawn because of things like that. thanks for the info though jslee.</p>

<p>Tracehunter, where are you tranfering from?</p>

<p>Purdue will definately request an official course description along with the course number and all that.</p>

<p>Calculus I in Purdue is a 3 credit course. However, Pre-calculus is a whooping 5 credit course. Be sure to get your Calculus credits tranfered or else you will be stuck with that Pre-calculus course.</p>

<p>Call Purdue and ask them to transfer your call to the Credit Evaluation Center. Ask them what you need to provide for your credit tranfer consideration. I am telling you, Purdue has very stringent policy regarding credit transfer from an outside school. Tough luck eh? :)</p>

<p>good luck, i am sure everything will work out well for you</p>

<p>i am transferring from a community college in texas. my calc 1 class is 5 credits. it is like 2hrs 20mins 2 days a week which sucks big time. i will call them on monday.</p>

<p>Purdue is strict about what classes they will accept from other schools, especially in engineering. However, they are very generous when it comes to giving credit for AP classes. They also have many opportunities for you to "test out" of classes. If given this opportunity, jump on it. You can get easy credits this way and get put in the level of class you deserve.</p>

<p>haha i just remember something funny.</p>

<p>if you talk to the person in charge of math department who also schedules math credit exams, she is a biatch.</p>

<p>i will say no more, but just call her up. her attitude...</p>

<p>well anyway, if your credits dont' get transfered, take the credit exam as soon as possible.</p>

<p>damn...2 hours and 2 mins?... My first Calc class at NYU was like...3 hours and 5 days a week haha</p>