Transfer to A&M?

<p>Last year, I applied to Texas A&M on January 15th, the closing date for the Applications (I thought the closing date was in March. Beat myself up over it). I got waitlisted. I am now attending a smaller 4 year university and am wanting to Transfer to Texas A&M as soon as possible. </p>

<p>Classes I am taking right now:
Calc 2, US Seminar, Comp Science, College Writing 1, Theatre</p>

<p>My question(s) are how can I get accepted as a transfer if I need 24 hours and 2.5 GPR? I called and the lady told me that I would apply after the first semester and get automatically declined because I don't have enough hours, but I could submit some form in June and get re-reviewed. Does anyone know anything about this? Is 2.5 GPR hard to get? I have A's in all of my current classes right now. If i'm applying as a transfer do i need my high school transcript?</p>

<p>When should I start applying etc?</p>

<p>Thanks,
Brendan</p>

<p>First it depends on what you’re applying for. Many college have certain pre req courses that need to be taken before you can be accepted. What major are you going for? Also, after spring semester you just send in your final transcript from your university and they will reevaluate you.</p>

<p>Computer Science</p>

<p>Each program has a degree track (a,b,c,d) and you try to complete the courses within…you should call a prospective student advisor and just ask which courses need to be taken. Also, you do need to send in your high school transcript but I don’t think they take it into account for admission…also the “2.5 gpa” thing doesn’t mean if you have a 2.5, you’ll be accepted. I’m not sure how competitive computer science is but engineering and business average 3.6-4.0… I’m applying for the spring for telecommunication and sociology with 28 completed hours and a 3.41 gpa. There’s no pre reqs for liberal arts except I think economics, international studies and political science…apply ASAP</p>

<p>The application date for transfers opens on January 1st. Even though I will get rejected because I have not yet completed all of my 24 transferable hours, I should still apply then? What about that form that i’m supposed to submit in the summer for reevaluation?</p>

<p>You apply in January because the deadline is march 15th. Once you get your final grades in the spring, send them in immediately…make sure on your application your second choice major will work as a second choice major. Lots of colleges don’t look at second choice majors. Don’t put business, and don’t put general studies because you need 30 hours for that I think.</p>