Transfer to Business School!

<p>Hey, </p>

<p>I have been accepted for a retailing major within the School of Human Ecology. Does this mean that if I finish the pre-business requirements I will stand a chance of getting admitted into UW-Madison's Business School? </p>

<p>Because on the wesbite it says, students spend their first year in the school of letters and arts and sciences. However, it also says anyone who has finished the pre-business requirements has a chance of apply. </p>

<p>Thx </p>

<p>PS - I am international student if that matters.</p>

<p>Admission to business school is competitive. If you do fairly well (I don't know the exact stat), you will get in sooner or later. I know someone who was rejected twice, continued to take his business classes and got into the school during his senior year.</p>

<p>I'm sure you can apply from any other major with the right classes. Some engineering majors switch to business.</p>

<p>Thanks, yes I called up the admissions office and said I could!!! Also I think you need a minimum 3.5gpa to apply and they take in around 70% of the applicants.</p>

<p>yes, you have a chance. they will consider anyone who has completed the required prereqs. </p>

<p>one thing i heard though it that the business school prefers students who apply at the 54 credit mark. so be careful of that.</p>

<p>but otherwise, good luck! :-)</p>

<p>What else is required besides having pretty Much A's and B's in WIsco to get into the BSCHOOL.</p>

<p>There's good information in the catalog (check online), including a page on prebusiness courses for freshman and sophomores in the business school section.</p>