Transfer to School of Nursing Chances

<p>Hello all,</p>

<p>I have gotten really mixed feedback on my chances into the UW Madison School of Nursing and wanted some feedback. I would be transferring from a different state university ranked in the top 60 nationwide. </p>

<ul>
<li>My overall GPA is a 3.74, but this includes a lot of dual enrollment classes I took in HS. My college GPA is a 4.0 (I'm a sophomore, currently in my 3rd semester).</li>
<li>I have taken advanced coursework in Spanish</li>
<li>I have meaningful on-campus jobs/awards/leadership positions</li>
<li>In the Honors Program at my current school</li>
<li>Have gotten 2 college scholarships</li>
<li>Have participated in psychology research (I want to go into mental health nursing)</li>
<li>By time of application, I will have 4 out of the 7 prerequisite courses done. I think I will get an A in everything except an A- in Chemistry. </li>
</ul>

<p>Does it seem like I will get in, or do you really never know?</p>

<p>Thank you in advance for your feedback!</p>

<p>Edit: I forgot to mention that I’ve had a lot of experience interviewing/shadowing professionals in the field I want to go into.</p>

<p>Read the requirements for the Nursing School and do all of the needed application materials. Looks like you are competitive. btw- keep open to all fields of Nursing, you may discover more than one area of interest, and you will benefit from a broad range of experiences.</p>