Transfering from a CC

<p>I'm looking into applying for a transfer to TAMU for fall 2014. I'm a history major currently attending a CC & currently have a 3.88 GPA, though I anticipate it going up slightly as I believe I'll be finishing this semester with another 4 A's. I'm a member of Phi Theta Kappa, Sigma Kappa Delta (English Honor Society) and I am enrolled in Honors classes. My only concern is my age, I'm 44. Having said that, the advisors at the CC and the TAMU admissions counselor said that should be a problem. Can anyone offer any feedback on my chances, or anything perhaps on the history program, or liberal arts department at TAMU? Anything would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Why would age be a problem? I don’t see how. I’m 29 and a transfer student . Gonna be 30 by fall 2013</p>

<p>Well, I hope it isn’t. Are you a transfer student at TAMU?</p>

<p>I think that your age will be seen as a positive since you are obviously more mature and probably have a clearer vision of what you want. Your GPA is solid and will garner strong attention. What will more important is that most of your hours transfer into their degree plan. </p>

<p>You’re looking at Fall 2014. How many hours do you currently have and how many more do you intend to take? Sometimes students are not taken because they have way too many hours.</p>

<p>I believe I will have in the neighborhood of 45 hrs or so by next week. The plan was to get my associates in history & then transfer but it doesn’t look like I’ll be taking that route (the associates is basically worthless, just basically means I have my core done).</p>

<p>Yes TAMU. I’m on spring review at the moment.</p>