Transfering from a private University

<p>I will be attending a private University in Orange County Ca.
Has anyone out there tranfered to a UC University from a Private one by your Jr. year?..Thanks.</p>

<p>UCs have a transferring hierarchy that they use...Community College transfers are picked first (if they are elligible), then transfers from other UCs, then from other colleges.</p>

<p>I'm not saying that it's impossible for you to transfer (it also depends on your major), but if you REALLY want to graduate from a UC perhaps you should look at attending a CC.
If you are thinking that you really want to try this private university and even hope to graduate from there...then go there. No matter what...keep your grades up if you want to transfer.</p>

<p>Thanks Mom2jej, I was afraid of that, I actually turned down 3 UC Campuses that I was accepted to, but I fell in love with Chapman University, it's campus is gorgeous, and couldn't beat its location, nor it's Financial package, that although it doesn't cover the entire cost, (room and board), it's way more attractive that UC student and parent loans........I long for UC research opportunities though.</p>

<p>If you love Chapman (it is Beautiful) go for it. You don't know what's ahead of you. Just keep your eyes open. I bet you'll love being at Chapman.</p>

<p>good luck to you.</p>