Transfering over to a UC school

<p>How easy is to transfer to a UC school to the same major? I’m guessing it depends on the similarity of the coursework am I correct? </p>

<p>Let’s say I do one major which required a whole bunch of classes, but the same major at UC doesn’t require these classes and instead requires other classes. Would I basically be retaking the major?</p>

<p>PS - I’m talking about switching from one UC school to another.</p>

<p>UC to UC is a little bit harder than from a Community College to UC, but people do it successfully. I'm assuming that the majors will have overlapping classes. Try to incorporate the classes from your desired school, because ultimately you'll need the major requirements fulfilled from the school you GRADUATE from. Also, it might be harder to get into the major if you don't have the pre-reqs fulfilled. Try using: assist.org it's very helpful.</p>

<p>why is it harder than community college to UC?</p>

<p>I would think community college would prepare you less.</p>

<p>The transfer system was designed primarily FOR CC students. The TAG program was meant to accommodate them. There's one statistic which I can't seem to find right now which shows ~45% of transfers as CC, and 30% as UC, although another one shows 92% of transfers as CC. It's certainly doable, though, as I know someone who transferred from Berkeley to LA in his first year oO;; Just don't expect it to be as facilitated as CC=>Top UC.</p>

<p>how about trasnferring from a completely different college, ranked in the top 50 to a UC school?</p>

<p>Is that school out of state? If so, chances are slim.</p>

<p>Priority goes to CC students, followed by UC students, then CSU, and then out of state and privates. From a UC, you still have a fair chance.</p>