Transfering?

<p>Hi. Last year, I applied to both Wisconsin and Minnesota and got into both. I decided on Minnesota because they pre-admitted to business and I didn't want to risk it at Wisconsin-Madison. But I told myself, I will try to transfer in after my first year. I do like Minnesota and the Twin Cities and have friends. But I know I would like Madison. I have applied for transfer admission.</p>

<p>So, my first question is: Do you think transfering is worth it? Originally, I wanted to transfer after my first year because Wisconsin generally is higher ranked and has better internships.</p>

<p>My second question, the one I really need help with is: How good is Wisconsin with transfer students? As I said, I liked Minnesota so it wouldn't be too bad staying there. My fear is going to a new environment. Do they have good orientations for transfers and is it easy to meet people after first year. I presume many sophomores will be living off campus in their own groups making it harder to meet people. Suggestions...</p>

<p>Easy for you to transfer. Your big question is should you. Ask yourself some questions. Look closely at the courses required at both- any advantages for you at UW? Will your grades be competitive for Business school admission? Good luck.</p>