transferring and corps?

<p>ok so a&m was my dream school and i was interested in being in the corps last year but i was rejected and offered blinn team. i didn't want to go to a community college to i just ended up going to texas state university-san marcos. anyways i'll be reapplying as a transfer student, and i was wondering if it's okay to join the corps, and will i get the same experience etc? and how will transferring work with the corps system? thanks</p>

<p>Well, my advice last year would have been to take the Blinn Team option. You can join the Corps on Blinn Team and live on campus. You are put in a special outfit with other Blinn Teamers and you get to experience fish year like all your A&M classmates until you start A&M full time.</p>

<p>But, that is water under the bridge. Yes you can transfer in. It used to be if you came in after your freshman year, you were integrated into a regular outfit and known as a “frog.” This was someone who had skipped the very challenging experience of that first year in the Corps, so they often weren’t shown the same deference by their buddies because of it.</p>

<p>Now, I think they have a special outfit for new sophomores so they can get at least some of that “fish” year experience the first semester before the integration into other units. I would check on aggiecorps.org or contact someone in the Corps of Cadets center to learn for sure what a transfer into the Corps involves and how they are received by their peers.</p>

<p>One clarification - There is an outfit intended to be for Blinn TEAM students, but Blinn TEAM students are free to join any outfit they want.</p>

<p>There are a lot of people that frog into the Corps. While I would guess that it is a good experience for most, it isn’t the same experience as those that go through FOW week and all four years together. It is going to be like any other non-traditional route through an established process. Some people won’t care, some people will welcome you to the Corps and some people will think that you skipped fish year because you couldn’t handle it, and they will all treat you accordingly. If the Corps is something you really want to do, you should be prepared for adversity anyway.</p>

<p>Thanks for that clarification AggieMom16!</p>