Transferring between UCs?

Hi all, I did not get into the UC of my choice and was wondering how hard it would be to transfer between UCs? I plan on attending UC Davis and am hoping to go to UCLA or UCB in 2 years.

@Gumbymom would you know?

UC to UC transfers are a lower priority in the transfer hierarchy since priority is given to CCC applicants.

It is very possible to transfer so you would want to check the transfer major requirements for each school and complete them all before you transfer. You can check assist.org to see a list of course requirements. You also want to complete as many GE’s as possible and get a UC letter of reciprocity.

Letter of Reciprocity:::
Reciprocity is the completion of the general education requirements as listed at your current UC. Each UC has its own set of GE requirements that need to be completed in order to graduate and they don’t match across campuses. If you are hoping to transfer from one UC to another in junior standing, the best thing you can do is complete the GE requirements listed at your current UC and get a Letter of Reciprocity. The Letter, which you request from the Registrar’s Office, certifies that you completed the full GE course list at your current UC and will therefore not be required to take any other GE courses at your new UC, even if they differ.

Just remember, try to embrace the opportunities at your current UC but after 2 years you still want to transfer, then go that route.