Transferring Classes Taken at State College During High School

<p>Hello,
I’m trying to understand how units I’ve taken at a state college throughout high school would transfer to UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCSD, Cal and Cal Poly. I’ve taken a bunch of math - over 30 units - since the beginning of Sophomore year. Most classes have been at a CSU, but a few were at the local JC. I haven’t gotten the best grades in these classes (lots of B’s, a few A’s and C’s) and would love to be able to transfer them for credit as to not go in with a low GPA. Does anyone know if this is feasible? I’ve contacted all the colleges but haven’t gotten any responses :/</p>

<p>i took at lot of JC classes while i was in high school and am currently a frosh at UCI by year standing. however, due to the credits, im currently a senior (after this first quarter)-- its hilarious how early my registration window is compared to all my friends. </p>

<p>anyway, it can very some school to school (NOT university to university)
ie. At UCI, the school of physical science and the school of engineering let me transfer all of calculus (single-multivar) from the JC when i was in HS (single var calc is technically CSUF). additionally, i was able to transfer all of general chemistry (first year).</p>

<p>on the other hand, if i had been in the school of biological science (at uci), i would only have been able to waive the 3rd quarter of general chemistry and have had to repeat everything else. </p>

<p>another note, most of these universities have some form of entry level/freshmen/upper division writing requirement. At uci, its basically the high school writing test that everyone has to take (or 39a if you do poorly on the test), the freshmen writing is 39b/39c (although there are elective opportunities available for students who do well in 39b) and the upper division writing, which can be done either with a high level english/writing class or a class within one's major that has a high writing component or honors research.
i took the freshmen level equivalent at my JC (what transfer students would have to take inorder to transfer) and got graduation credits from those classes (ie bumped up my registration window). however, ** i did not receive writing credit for those classes and recently found that i have to retake the writing classes anyway. ** that seems to be a university policy, not one related to my school(s) (i was engineering and transfer to phys sci). </p>

<p>in general, it seems, that the university itself will take all transfer credit (check assist.org to see what equals what) in terms of giving advance standing (ex. skipping lower div math into whatever math you want and fulfilling major requirements), with the only exception i would be worried about is a writing class (i duno if you did that).</p>

<p>the various schools may say different things and it may effect breath requirements/you may have to petition it once you are at the school.</p>

<p>as for the letter grades, anything above a C is passing (C- may not... check ur schools). it shouldnt determine your GPA, but if may have influence on whether you can do honors class next in a sequence
EX- as already said, i took G chem at a JC. because i got As in both, i was qualified to register for honors organic chemistry my freshmen year (although it was full when i got to my registration appointment at spop). had i received lower grades, i may not have had the opportunity. </p>

<p>i think thats everything....</p>

<p>Check Welcome</a> to ASSIST for transferability of coursework from California Community Colleges. The coursework from the 4 year campuses will be reviewed when you submit the final official transcripts to the campus.</p>