Transferring for Ohio State!! Need help with general transfer questions! Somewhat low transfer gpa

<p>Hi guys! I just finished my finished my first year at The Ohio State University last spring as a Computer Science and Engineering Major. Some things happened and well my parents are making me transfer out of OSU for various personal reasons.Over this past summer I did about 12 credit hours of classes at my local community college( College of Dupage) which has been known as one of the best community colleges in the country. At the moment my gpa is a tad bit on the lower side if you take into account I dropped Calc 2 at OSU due to starting off really bad in that course and receiving a C in Physics 2 E and M.</p>

<p>Right now I am in a big predicament since I am not sure if I should just continue with the classes I am taking right now at College of Dupage( community college) because frankly the crowd there during the regular year isn't the greatest and frankly I am not sure how long I can keep sanity if I go there. This weekend I had just got admission to DePaul University for Computer Science and they are willing to take all my credits. My concern is I just applied for a few universities I would feel I would like better ( I really want to have the true college experience and my parents would make me commute from DePaul for a semester and I heard that it is a very big commuter school).</p>

<p>My question is would it be better to attend DePaul University for a quarter and risk giving up credits that could not transfer if I were to transfer to any of the Universities I listed below? I know I really have wanted to go to Purdue for a while since I just love the town of West Lafayette, but I was looking at their transfer database and it looks like they wouldn't take a lot of courses from there since DePaul is on the Quarter System meaning alot of other colleges maybe stingy on credits as well. I want to know if it would be better to suck it up and attend College of Dupage for a semester hopefully getting admission to one of the colleges I listed since courses there would more likely go through. If I knew I was going to get admission to one of the colleges I listed below I would be more than happy to go to COD for this semester, but I feel it may just be risky if I don't because I wasted a semester I could have done at DePaul.</p>

<p>Also I want to know if I were to attend DePaul would I be taking a step down from Ohio State Computer Science in terms of job prospects and opportunities? My ideal job out of college would to be working for a top ten consulting firm like PwC or Accenture.</p>

<p>In all honesty I know you guys would say to go back to Ohio State, but the issue is my parents think it is bad for me. I would love to go back and redo all the mistakes I made, but I can't. If you guys have any arguments I could make with my parents to have them let me go back to Ohio State please also tell me it could really help and I wouldn't be in this situation! Also if you guys could tell me my chances for any of those colleges that would be awesome also</p>

<p>Stats:
-Managed and ran a start up company that was featured in USA Today and has approximately 30k users to this day
-2.9 gpa( if you factor in everything I have done at College of Dupage and Ohio State University)
-31 ACT from high school, 33 super score
-3.78 gpa from high school ( weighted)
-Had gotten ill during my spring term so my grades suffered in the middle</p>

<p>I applied for
-Purdue University(Political Science in Liberal Arts Department)
-University of Illinois Urbana Champaign ( Anthropology and Computer Science)
-Northwestern University ( Fall 2015, havent applied yet)
-University of Wisconsin Madison( College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)
-University of Michigan at Ann Arbor( College of Liberal Arts and Sciences)</p>

<p>I just got accepted there, do you mind if I ask why you are transferring out?</p>

<p>I ran into a lot of trouble there </p>

<p>From an international Student’s perspective, an acquaintance of mine also had a lot of trouble in Ohio State University.</p>

<p>How so? Like my grades were fine, but my parents are very strict about alot of things.</p>

<p>Actually from the report above, your grades were NOT fine. </p>

<p>Why would your parents pay OOS costs for you to attend a college where you were not committed to making decent grades in all of your courses…largely due to your own digressions (see other thread).</p>

<p>It is cheaper than going to DePaul and I qualify for instate tuition at the big state school I am going to.</p>