Transferring from a 4 year private to a UC

Hi! I was accepted at every UC I applied to (UCI, UCSC, UCD, UCSB, & UCSD) from a 4 year university. I’m so thankful to have all these options; however, I’m really scared they aren’t going to take any of my credits. I don’t have IGETC and I have already taken some major courses. I’m worried they won’t accept any of them. Does anyone have any experience of transferring from a 4 year private uni to a UC and can share their experience with me? Thank you

1 Like

@Gumbymom how does this student get this info?

Have any of the schools given you a transfer credit evaluation, or told you they won’t do that until you commit? Reach out to the transfer admissions people at each school and ask.

I agree with @Mwfan1921 to reach out to admissions but usually the UC’s will not give you a pre-read on your transfer credits.

For UCD: TES Public View: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-DAVIS

For UCSD: DEFAULT

For UCSB: Transferring Credit | Division of Undergraduate Education - UC Santa Barbara

UCSB Does Not Pre-evaluate Courses for Transfer

While UCSB does not pre-evaluate course for transfer, if students carefully follow the Office of Admissions Transfer Guidelines, they should be able to successfull transfer credit. A Letters and Science College advisor will be glad to talk about your plans and give you insights on transferring credit.

For UCSC: Transfer Credit

There is also the Transferology website that could help.

If you can figure out the transferability of your courses at one UC, it will usually translate well to the other UC’s but there exceptions due to varying transfer requirements at each campus.

1 Like

They’ve all said my courses are transferable but won’t tell me if they’ll count for GE’s / major. They won’t tell me until I commit which is frustrating.

You can determine which courses count for GE’s and major prep by matching the CA CC course information to your courses through assist.org. It is time consuming but it can give you an idea of where you stand.

1 Like

If that is your real name (or a name you use on other social media), please consider changing it. You can email admin@collegeconfidential.com.

What major/college were you admitted to at the different schools?