Transferring from Blinn to Mays or Liberal Arts/minor business

I will be attending Blinn and hoping to get in after my first year. Has there been anyone that applied to the Mays School at Texas A&M and got in with less than a 3.8? If not, what other majors are easier to get into and still be used in the business field?

Well you want to make an “A” in all of the required courses if you want to transfer into Mays. I have no clue about if anyone has got in with less than a 3.8 but I am sure it is possible.
If that doesn’t work for you, I would consider majoring in either Economics or agbusiness/ageconomics.

My son did internal change of major from Econ. It set him up nicely. I would list mays as first choice and Econ as second (especially if you’re a numbers person) otherwise ag business!! 3.8 is good and As are what they want in those required courses. My son had 3.65 at Tamu 3.75 overall and had all As and 1 B in 5 of the required courses. Again he was already at Tamu Econ major. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Is Ag Business just as hard to get into as Business? GPA and all? Thanks!

@Petunia5789 Not at all. I don’t think they limit it to 100 students or any limit like Mays. Most students who don’t get Mays do Ag Bus. If they are more math savvy then they do econ or ag econ.