Transferring from University Studies to Engineering?

<p>Well, I just got accepted as a University Studies major. I picked University Studies because I was truly uncertain as to what I'd like to major in at the time. With my first year of college quickly approaching the more and more heavily I am beginning to lean towards majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Soooooo, how difficult is it to switch from University Studies into the College of Engineering?</p>

<p>A LOT of people take this path--just make sure that you talk with a counselor BEFORE you select your freshman classes. If you get good course planning advice early and work hard you should have no problems graduating on time. Hope this helps...</p>

<p>Thanks :) </p>

<p>Do you by any chance know the acceptance rate of internal transfers to the College of Engineering and what the average GPA is? If this general info is not known, do you know anyone personally who transferred and what was their GPA?</p>

<p>I'm assuming that if I do plan on switching out of Uni Studies and into Engineering my first year schedule should look like:</p>

<p>First Semester</p>

<p>Calculus I
Elementary Linear Algebra
General Chemistry + lab
English
what else should I take here</p>

<p>Second Semester</p>

<p>Calculus II
Vector Geometry
Physics + lab
English
what else should I take here</p>

<p>Obviously, I'm left a few credits short because I don't know what else I would be taking. Do you know what courses would be most beneficial? Also, would I have a hard time getting into the courses listed above considering that I am only a University Studies major?</p>