Transferring into IB junior year, help?

<p>Hello all, and good morning. I am currently a HH(double honors) student at my high school and I'm planning on enrolling into IB for my junior year and senior year. I'm very scared to do this because everyone in the program says that it is so much work and they barely get any sleep. I'm very nervous that I might ruin my GPA, 4.6, by going in this route. I really want to be a surgeon, and I thought it would be a good idea to have a science major like in the IB program because it will signify dedication.</p>

<p>Umm I hate to break it to you, but your GPA will either go down some or improve. It really depends on how you take the newness of IB curriculum and style of teaching. Mine actually just stayed the same for the most part, but I went up a lil in some classes. And it’s not that you won’t get barely any sleep, it’s just that you really have to start your hw pretty much as soon as you get home and that time is usually late since a majority of IB students are involved with EC’s (Band, Theater, Sports, etc). And slow down some on your narrowed view of, “I HAVE to do this. This is my ONLY choice!” with surgeon. Focus on getting into a good college with plenty of opportunities for Pre-Med and excellent education. And IB does take dedication, but it’s also time-consuming, very obligatory, and limited yet expansive if that makes any sense. Welcome to IB!</p>