Transferring into Texas A&M Liberal Arts College

<p>@itstamutime my application went into Step 4 today I’m not sure what that means</p>

<p>@txgirl9457 Good Luck! Checked mine early this morning still on step 3.</p>

<p>@txgirl9457 Did you click on your correspondence tab, there may be a letter.</p>

<p>@cmsparent checked mine again an hour later and i’ve been admitted into college of liberal arts psychology!</p>

<p>@txgirl9457. Congrats!!! Hope I find out soon! </p>

<p>My transcript was just processed on 6/3/14. How does it usually take to hear a response? I have 34 hours and a 3.65 GPA applying as a communications major.</p>

<p>AIS typically updates on Tuesdays. Usually 2-4 weeks between showing up on your audit report through Howdy and moving to step 3 until you move to 4. Apparently if you have extra ‘tabs’ show up in Howdy portal, that means you were accepted. I only know this from research… daughter on step 3 waiting…</p>

<p>Just checked my AIS and mine updated today, sometime between 2:00pm and 4:15pm mine went from step 3 directly to step 5 telling me I have been accepted. Howdy has not updated yet at this time. I have a letter also under my correspondence tab. Mine took exactly 14 days from the day my transcript was processed. Good Luck to everyone still waiting! </p>

<p>What are my chances into getting in as a transfer? Psychology major.</p>

<p>Freshman Year:
Government: B
College Algebra: A
Photography: A</p>

<p>Sophomore Year:
Philosophy: B
English 1: A
Business Comp. Apps: A</p>

<p>GPA is 3.66.
Currently enrolled in Psychology, ENG 1302, and Calc for this fall.
I plan on applying after Fall 2014 and apply for Fall 2015.</p>

<p>Hello here.</p>

<p>Considering applying for a major in English with a minor in Japanese (I want to teach in Japan). Having checked the classes that (I think) should transfer and my GPA for it, it comes out at around 3.23 GPA. I plan to apply in Fall, 2015 as I still have a year worth of class left to take. Here’s a breakdown of my classes:</p>

<p>BIOL 1406 - A
CHEM 1411 - D
ENGL1301 - A
ENGL 1302 - B
ENGL 2322 - A
GOVT 2305 - A
HIST 1301 - A
HIST 1302 - A
MATH 1314 (College Algebra) - B
MATH 2413 - D
PSYC 2301 - A
SPCH 1315 - A</p>

<p>I took MATH 1316 (Trignometry) and got a B as well, but Texas A&M won’t accept that. Obviously, neither will my remedial Math classes or my Intro to Arts Appreciation class (seriously regret taking that, but I might as well finish it out)</p>

<p>I don’t think I’d get in with these grades, despite the liberals arts major strongly preferring those with GPAs over 3.00 (of which I fall under). While my liberal arts grades are great, my math and science scores are absolutely lousy and I need to work to improve on them as much as I can. Unfortunately, I can’t explain my terrible math performance other than I screwed up and got distracted by other unimportant things. I also cannot apply for the PTA guaranteed admission program since the English major requires two foreign language semesters at community college and there is no way I am going to take Spanish or French (Japanese is not offered at my community college).</p>

<p>That’s forty hours so far. I haven’t seen a limit for how many hours can transfer, so these are the classes that I want to take before I (hypothetically) transfer to Texas A&M:</p>

<p>Now:
GOVT 2306 (currently taking this right now, expecting an A)</p>

<p>Fall, 2014:
BIOL 1407 (need to get two more science that will transfer, one of which is this)
MATH 1324 (English accepts transfer, plus even if I did have a chance at the PTA program, I would need to take Business Math I)
GEOL 1303 (Again, will fill a required science course)</p>

<p>I am also taking KINE 1103, but I am only doing this to get my Associates for increased scholarships opportunities, the course itself does not transfer (and it does not appear I can take any other KINE program for my Associates). I would take more, but I am on probation for my utterly terrible Spring, 2014 performance (long story, don’t really want to talk about it) and can take only twelve hours this semester.</p>

<p>Spring, 2015:
ECON 2301 (Fills a required Social Science course, would take Sociology, but I feel as learning about economics is more beneficial to me in the long run)
ARTS 1303
ENGL 2323
ENGL 2322 (British Literature 1 should help fill one of my English electives)
ENGL 2327 (Helps fill an English elective)
ENGL 2328 (Helps fill an English elective)</p>

<p>Yeah, eighteen hours. It’s a lot, but I’d rather get these out while I still can.</p>

<p>ECON 2301 (Fills a required Social Science course, would take Sociology, but I feel as learning about economics is more beneficial to me in the long run)</p>

<p>Add those up and that should give me seventy-two hours of transferable credits. If, hypothetically, I were to get all As these (probably won’t happen), I would be at a 3.51 GPA.</p>

<p>With that said, should I bother with taking all of these classes in the hopes I get accepted into Texas A&M’s Liberals Arts program at Fall, 2015, or should I forget that this college exist and just transfer to University of Texas at San Antonio in Spring, 2015 (where I will almost inevitably get accepted at)?</p>