Transferring into UW-Madison?

<p>I applied and was accepted to UW-Madison (and got into the honors program) two years ago, but didn't enroll. I was wondering what my chances are now...i know i probably messed everything up, but my GPA is probably in the B- range (2.755. ugh damn chemistry & labs).</p>

<p>it will be tough for you to get in. You have a low gpa.</p>

<p>what if i had lots of extracurricular stuff, and if my high school record was good? I know i'm starting to sound a bit desperate, but i just can't stay at the school i'm at for two more years. </p>

<p>i'll just list some stuff here for the hell of it:</p>

<p>SAT: 1330/1600
Writing SATII: 680
Math SATII: 670
US History SATII: 650
World Hist SATII: 650
Chinese SATII: 750
Biology SATII: 630</p>

<p>Rank (HS): 10
GPA: 4.0</p>

<p>AP classes: Environmental, Physics, World History, American History, US Government, Lit & Comp, Lang & Comp</p>

<p>Took Syracuse Spanish: Got As both semesters</p>

<p>NHS, Spanish Honor Society, Music Honor Society, All County (4 years), String Festivals, performed at Lincoln Center 3 times with orchestra, concertmaster, graduated 2nd in my class at chinese school, varsity badminton for 4 years, all conference, conference champions, performed (orchestra) at Washington DC...</p>

<p>yeah...</p>

<p>I'd still apply. Play up that HS proves your successful academics (throw in the honors thing) and just rip to shreads your current school. Link the quality of life with the bad grades. </p>

<p>I'm really curious, where do you go now?</p>