transferring question

<p>hey guys
I'm a prospective transfer student from California.I have a few questions:
1. My gpa at my community college is 4.0 and I have a pretty solid essay. but I don't have SAT/ACT score. Are they gonna count that against me?
2. I heard summer session is easier to get into. Is that true? If it is, I'll apply for summer instead of Fall
3. My major's economics. Whats the difference between economics in Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science-education? Which one is easier to get into?</p>

<p>i know i sound desperate but I really want to get in first so any help would be much appreciated.</p>

<p>I'll take a stab at the third question - a B.A. usually requires a second language, a B.S. usually requires more science classes.</p>

<p>You can find out the exact requirements by checking the online UW catalog- there's a chart for L&S. BA requires 4 units of one or 3 of one plus 2 of a second foreign language, BS just 3 of one. The biological science reqs are different also, although totals of various breadth reqs may be the same. Check UW transfer admissions for test requirements. I have looked at the summer school timetable- you may or may not find a course that suits you. Plenty of unusual languages offered, though. Notice- I did not bother to go to the UW page and give you links, you are perfectly able to do your homework on the UW website, it's easy to navigate. Also- check the School of Education reqs. Some students can take summer classes without enrolling for a degree- check the summer school info, it's available now.</p>

<p>THANKS! does anyone know the answer to number 1 +2?</p>

<p>SAT scores are less necessary if you are applying for junior transfer (currently a sophomore). Call them up to be sure.</p>

<p>anyone else? any help would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Easier to be a summer session ONLY student, harder to be a regular student, I think. Being allowed to take a course in the summer isn't the same as being admitted as a degree student- you can't sneak in the back door by going to summer school. Ditto on checking with UW for #1.</p>

<p>But they do accept summer transfers though. isn't that correct? So. I should just apply for fall to increase my chances of getting in?</p>

<p>Wis75 is correct, you don't get to sneak into UW by transferring in for the summer session. As a UW student, you must apply to different schools if you plan to take summer classes at those different schools - therefore, you're still a UW undergrad but you're just enrolled elsewhere for the summer class. I believe the same logic applies to students that attend schools other than UW that wish to take summer courses here. It's a "one time" thing, you need to apply for admission to UW as a whole to get the type of transfer that you seem to be referring to.</p>

<p>Your chances won't change based on which semester you apply for. If accepted for fall you should be able to take summer session courses before starting in the fall. Your admission, to the university as a whole, is based on your record, not your timing.</p>