Transferring to A&M

<p>A&M requires 24 credits completed before considering the application. I am a freshman so I won't have the 24 completed until I finish freshman year. I was told to still apply and after I send in my spring transcript my app would be reviewed, if there are spots open. I'll have around a 3.6 GPA and will have taken Calc I, Calc II, Calc III, Dif EQ, and Physics I. This does meet all the requirements, but does A&M normally have spots open in May for the next fall?</p>

<p>Major: Electrical Engineering (Sorry I forgot to mention!)</p>

<p>"Normally’ no longer applies to your situation. The engineering major has changed beginning this fall (2014), all freshman enter as general engineering and have 4 semesters to declare their specific engineering major. So while you are trying to transfer in, the current students will also be trying to declare their majors as well, some will have declared and some will be waiting up to another full year to decide. All you can do is try and hope for the best - you’ll be part of the first group trying to transfer in under the new format for engineering. </p>

I am studying at Lonestar Community college
I had a 3.6 high school GPA
SAT:1650
3.76 college GPA(had a C in calculus 1 but re took it now an A)
TAKEN
Cal I, Cal II, Cal III
Physics 1 and II
Chemistry I and II
English I and II
History I and II
Government I and II
I’m Hispanic( if that helps)
I’m wondering if my chances are good at getting into Mechanical Enginnering at Dwight.