Transferring to Hampshire

<p>Hi guys,
I am new to here and I will love to here some advises and some personal opinions..... </p>

<p>As for now,I am a junior in a public research university, there are pros and cons for being in a big state research university.
Research opportunities is one of those big advantages, I get the chance to work in several labs which is one major reason I chose a research university over LAC at the first place and in fact I've been working in research labs since freshman year.</p>

<p>At the same time, there are many restrictions, which limit the flexibility of pursuing knowledge. I am not able to take too many classes from other departments due to the need to fulfill graduation requirements. That;s the first time I actually think about what kind of education I want As someone who major in an interdisciplinary science, Cognitive science, being able to reach out and apply the knowledge on different fields is really important to me.</p>

<p>Then I found out there are schools like Hampshire college, with unique systems that fulfilled my desires.
What hesitated me is as a junior I felt it's stupid transfer out, because all I need is another to graduate....</p>

<p>It probably does not make sense to transfer into Hampshire College as a 4th-year student. The 4th year is typically devoted mostly to a comprehensive capstone project (Division III) that draws on coursework from the previous 2 years. However, you should probably talk directly to Hampshire Admissions about it. </p>