Transferring to TAMU

Howdy!

I’m now studying in Texas a&m university commerce, Sophomore (44credits) as an International student and looking to transfer to Landscape Architecture at TAMU. I have a 3.36 GPA in Commerce so far. Do you guys think, is it possible to get in? Actually I retook 3 courses and got better grades ( two C grades -> A and one D grade -> A ) Are these courses counted? I mean, included two C grades and one D grade as well?

Thanks,

The D won’t be but the Cs might if they were classes required for the degree plan.

What classes did you take? You need at least Business Calc 1 and a life science. Then they highly recommend you have 2 classes of history, English(Comp and Technical Writing) , Pol Sci (State gov and US gov), and an extra math and life science.

If you need to know what to look for look here
http://admissions.tamu.edu/pdfs-transfer2015/ARCH-landscape.aspx

I really appreciate that!

None of these courses are included in Business Calc, life science, history, eng, and pol sci !

these are like a 3D design, Photographic and art history! cuz my major was Visual communication.

And may I ask you why grade D not gonna be included?

Thank you for you reply again.

Have a great day!

TAMU lets transfers makes you retake classes if you get a D or F, otherwise you get the choice for the class to count as credit in your degree.

However, If you have none of the REQUIRED classes to get into your major( 1 business calc and life science) then they can’t admit you into your major at all. You may have to apply for the spring semester, then spend a maymester, summer semester, and fall semester at a CC (or Commerce) so you can get the credits you need to be competitive for your major. I’d recommend at a CC so your GPA resets.

Interesting. YOu sure you don’t want to consider the Visualization major at A&M, you’d probably have more credits that transfer there. They require 1 physics and 1 calculus class in addition to the highly recommended classes. Art history will transfer and Photography and 3D design might be electives.