Transferring to Texas A&M Fall 2015 into Computer Science

<p>I currently have a 3.42 GPA while attending Blinn nearby. The classes I have taken are as follows:
US History 1 (3) - A
US History 2 (3) - A
Social Psychology (3) - A
US Government (3) - A
Texas Government (3) - B
Programming (4) - C</p>

<p>Question 1: In the Spring I will be taking Calculus 1 (4), General Chemistry 2 (4), and English Composition 1 (3). If I obtain an A in each course I will end up with a 3.63 GPA to turn into Texas A&M. What are my chances for Fall 2015?</p>

<p>Question 2: If I decide to retake the Programming Course will Texas A&M take the higher letter grade, average them both, or act as if it just like any other (4) class just with the same name?</p>

<p>Question 3: I will also be taking more courses such as Calculus 2 and Physics and if I get an A in those I will reach a 3.71. As a result should I just wait and apply in the Spring 2016 instead to increase my GPA?</p>

<p>Notes: I am also considered an out of state student.</p>

<p>I’m more familiar with engineering but I will answer the questions with the best of my ability.</p>

<p>Question 1: Have you already taken general chemistry 1? I would say your chances are alright, I would still apply, but most likely they will want all the required transfer classes completed first.</p>

<p>Question 2: I personally would retake it, even over a winter minimester if it is not already too late. I believe the average the grades for the same class. So if you made a C and then an A, they would see it as a B. However, some majors will only count the first grade even if you retake it and some majors will take the highest. I would check with an adviser first. That C is holding your gpa down a lot of course.</p>

<p>Question 3: I would still apply for the fall, but I would say chances of getting in during the spring semester would be better once you have calc 2 completed. Try taking a course or two over the summer if you can so you will have the grade before applying for the spring if you end up doing this.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p>Reply 1: I met the Prerequisites so i do not have to take General Chemistry 1. The required courses are Calculus 1 and 1 Approved Science course. The Recommended Courses are Calculus 2 and 1 Approved Science course and 1 Programming Course. So I will have the Requirements completed, but I will be working on the Recommended list afterwards.</p>

<p>Reply 2: Thank you I will probably retake it then the following semesters should I not get in.</p>

<p>Reply 3: Yeah so I will apply for Fall but if I can’t get in I’ll try for Spring as well. Thanks for the advice!</p>