Transferring to UMiami?

<p>Last year when I applied to college for the first time UMiami was my first choice by far. I ended up getting rejected. I'm hoping to transfer as a sophomore but I'm worried about my college GPA and the fact that the first few exams of college certainly won't help it. Has anyone out there transferred to Miami? What is the transition like? If i managed getting a 3.2 gpa would i be able to get in?</p>

<p>High school stats:
1840 SAT
26 ACT
3.2 GPA
Editor-in-chief/Art director of my high school's nationally award-winning yearbook</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Jill,</p>

<p>It all depends on what school you're going to. I transferred from a Top 50 University for Spring 2008 (last year) with a 3.3 GPA from Maryland, top 15th percentile (3.8 GPA UW/ 4.1 W, and mediocre SAT scores, pretty good ec's and top notch recommendation letters). However, transferring in Spring has some disadvantages such as it's a harder transition than transferring in Fall, because it's easier to make friends in Fall as a transfer since there are a handful of transfers. In Spring, it's a much smaller percentage of students who are beginning. I wouldn't recommend Spring transfer.</p>

<p>well i'm applying for the fall semester. i got to uconn and a couple tests messed me up so im thinking i can get like a 3.2 this semester which doesnt look good for miami</p>

<p>It's a reach, but you never know. UConn is a pretty good school, and I know kids who transfer from other state schools like UConn with like a 3.5 though.</p>