Transferring?

<p>Can anyone give me some insight on how hard it is to get into Bama as a transfer? I’ll have around 25 credits if everything transfers over correctly.</p>

<p>I already sent in my app for spring 2013 0___0</p>

<p>HI,</p>

<p>What is your GPA and major?</p>

<p>History major and 2.77 GPA :((( but in HS I had a 3.83 and 1600 SAT and AP credits and because of the amount of credits I think I have I sent my HS transcript because I’m not sure what transfers over for sure!</p>

<p>Since you sent your HS transcript, I think you’ll be admitted. </p>

<p>Where are you coming from?</p>

<p>Oh yay that makes me feel so much better! Thank yoh!! A CA community college and I didn’t know I wanted to transfer till a little too late for fall. I just don’t really like the whole atmosphere and I worked so hard in HS I feel like a failure haha</p>

<p>Hi fellow CA, what part? Never a failure, some alternate roads traveled make for better “skills” down the road. As long as you’re moving forward all’s good.</p>

<p>Northern Cali a little far from you! Aw thank you I’ll remember that!</p>

<p>Let me know if you get accepted im transferring and am on the same path as you</p>

<p>I talked to the transfer admissions counsler Nicole and she said they just need my fall 2012 grades to make sure I maintain my GPA! So I’m not sure if that’s a “you’re in” or a “almost” so I’ll be waiting till mid december :(</p>

<p>I would take that as a “I’m in as long as my fall grades are good. If I do poorly this fall, they won’t admit me.”</p>

<p>So if you’re confident that your fall grades will be good, then consider yourself in good shape.</p>

<p>Are you applying for Fall 2013?</p>

<p>Her earlier post mentioned spring 2013.
Btw Pearls, are you close to me?</p>

<p>Mom2collegekids I applies for spring! I’m taking a history, earth science, English, politics, and stats classes. I’m a little worried for stats but I just got a fabulous tutor! Thanks for the input!!</p>

<p>Sactonative I’m in Roseville!</p>

<p>Spring! </p>

<p>it sounds like you’re “in”, but they have to verify your grades this semester. When will you have this semester’s grades? If your grades won’t be received by Bama until late Dec, I would call Nicole back and ask how you should plan. </p>

<p>Calif schools often end their Fall semester quite late in December. When does yours end?</p>

<p>Have you looked into finding housing?</p>

<p>Curls-these might be good for you to consider:</p>

<p>The representative for Northern California, Scott Mackey, has a reception on October 15 7 PM, for potential students and parents at the Crocker Art Gallery in downtown Sacramento. Or if you are unavailable then, there’s a college fair at Rockin High on October 10. We attended the Crocker reception last year where they had a talk from a current student, parent of a student, and the UA representative. Before that event, we were only looking at western universities.</p>

<p>Mom2collegekids - I did! She gave me her personal number/extension and told me to call her as soon as I send them. Bama’s spring deadline is dec 1 and I have my finals the 7th and 8th and had a mini panic attack haha I told her they could be in Bama by mid-late December and that that was fine!</p>

<p>Sactonative - omg thank you so much!!</p>

<p>UPDATE…I’m accepted I just need to get a 2.0 or better this semester which won’t be that hard at all SO excited!</p>

<p>Roll tide!</p>